Growing Businesses Foundation is delighted to partner with Lagos State and acclaimed sustainability partners (CEIP, FBRA, Afrikairos, SITRA Fund) to organise the virtual Lagos State Roundtable on Circular Economy titled Circular Lagos with the theme:
For a greater Lagos: “Leveraging Circular Economy for Rebuilding Lagos and Post COVID-19 Recovery Agenda” – Build Back Better.
Being organized in partnership with the Ministry of Economic Planning & Budget, Lagos State The Lagos State Roundtable on Circular Economy seeks to:
- Learn from leading countries emerging best practices and innovations in circular economy and resource as Lagos State drive economic growth and opportunities for business development in the circular economy through a public-private partnership and support from development partners.
- Explore Long term strategies & Collaboration – how to build momentum for circular economy engagement foster knowledge share, development financing, and partnership to Lagos State as a model for Nigeria
Keynote Address to be delivered by:
- Governor Babajide Sanwoolu, Governor of Lagos State
- Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President, Africa Development Bank, AfDB
Goodwill Messages by:
- H.E. Jyrki Pulkkinen, Ambassador of Finland to Nigeria
- Mr. Arie Plieger, Consul General (acting), Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Lagos
- Bolaji Balogun, Co-Chair, Private Sector Advisory Group, SDGs
- Bola Adesola, Vice-Chair, United National Global Compact Board
Circular Lagos Ideator Panel includes:
- Bert Keesman, Special Envoy, Holland Circular Hotspot (HCH), Netherlands
- Kari Herlevi, Project Director, Finnish Innovation Fund, SITRA
- Feyi Oseni, Env. & Sustainability Manager Nigeria Breweries Plc
- Nonny Ugboma, Executive Secretary, MTN Foundation
- Agharese Onaghise, Executive Secretary/ CEO, Food & Beverage Recycling Alliance FBRA
- Peter Madsen, Founding Partner, White Castle Partners
- Søren Kofoed, Director, SafariTECH Ventures/Vroom Africa
- Dr. Innocent Onah, C&GGrowth Expert, NGR Country Dept. AfDB.Co-coordinator, Nigeria Circular Economy Working Group (NCEWG)
- Moderated by:
Dr. Ndidi Nnoli-Edozien, Chair, Circular Economy Innovation Partnership CEIP/ Growing Businesses Foundation GBF
The Circular Economy Innovation Partnership (CEIP) seeks to promote and advocate for the infinite opportunities the transition to a circular economy can present in promoting sustainability in various sectors across Africa, whilst safeguarding the environment.
Register with this link below!