Number of Beneficiaries: 120 Women
Location: Enugu State Duration: August 2019 to February 2020.
In the Month of August 2019, Growing Businesses Foundation commenced the pilot phase of Guinness empowerment project in Enugu State. Prior to the empowerment, some baseline surveys were carried out to access the impact of the project before and after. 120 women were interviewed.
The following inferences were drawn:
1) 21.7% were not selling Guinness products whereas 78.33% were selling at least one of Guinness product.
2) Out of the 78.33%, 44.7% were selling Malta Guinness but not regularly whereas 55.3% were not selling Malta Guinness.
3) 42.9% of the 44.7% buy from the open market once a month whereas (24)56.1% buy from either VSR or market depending on the open market price.
4) Of the 78.33%, 90.4% were selling Dubic Malt though not regularly whereas 9.6% were not selling Dubic Malt.
5) 56.5% of the 78.33% buy from open market once a month whereas 43.5% buy from either VSR or the open market depending on the market price.
6) The 120 women had poor knowledge about sales, purchases, revenue and profit.
Empowerment trainings were carried during the project execution, the supervising sales officers and the women were given business management trainings for profitability. Tremendious impact was recorded during the final phase of the project. The 120 women started keeping basic business records, route their purchases through the project staff.
At the end of the project phase in February 2020, the women had built confidence in managing and sustaining their business. Also, provide financial support for their family.